Inventory Module update
We are excited to announce a new update of eLabJournal's sample management module eLabInventory. In the new eLabInventory release, we have improved several of the existing functionalities and we developed several new options to organize you samples more efficiently.
Bulk sample actions
To improve functionality of the inventory browser, we have introduced the possibility to perform various sample actions in bulk in the inventory browser. These functions include moving of samples, changing owner of samples, printing labels of samples, and deleting samples. We have added checkboxes to both the list view of a sample box as well as samples stored in segments, making it more easy to select multiple samples in a box and move, delete, change ownership or print labels all at once samples. We now centralized these actions to make them also available in the My samples and Advanced Search.
Besides the new option to move samples in the inventory browser and my samples page, we have now added a move button to the supported actions in a sample form. This button was added to separate the sample move from the sample edit function making it more intuitive to move samples. The option to move samples via the edit sample function remains supported. Since moving of samples is now separated, the move sample action is now also fully compliant with the new permission system.
Improved Sample Archive
For laboratories with a GLP license, we have drastically improved the functionality of the sample archive. The sample archive contains a list of all deleted samples. We added a sample archive button to the main navigation menu to directly access the sample archive. The new active enables searching of deleted samples and the option to recover samples from the archive to any storage location in the lab. Besides a regular search function, it is also possible to perform an advanced archive search on samples that have been deleted.
We have also made several small changes to improve the user-friendliness and to fix several small bug. These include:
- Added notice on dashboard to announce new updates
- Improved validation when entering date and time values in a sample form
- Validation when performing an advanced search for the same search conditions
- Bug fix when searching samples in advanced search of former members
- Bug fix that displays invitions of new members in the manage members page
- Bug fix that reloads memberstable when invitations are retracted or members are removed from the lab.
- Extra window displaying the number of pages to be printed of a storage unit
- Bug fixes to improve the security of oof the application.
- Bug fix in PDF function on a sample form
- Bug fix to enable uploading of files directly when linking a file to a sample
Interested in previously released updates? Read our blog